20 Oct New Open Vacancy: Senior Policy Officer
The European Federation of Education Employers is looking for a Senior Policy Officer to start on the 1st December 2023.
Since 2009, the European Federation of Education Employers (EFEE) is the dynamic organisation on the EU level which represents the voice of education employers across all European countries. It thereby covers all levels of education from pre-school to higher education and research. As an officially by the European Commission recognized social partner in education, EFEE’s mission is to improve the quality of teaching and school management through European cooperation and dialogue.
For more information about our activities and the priorities of EFEE, please check out our website or EFEE Work Programme 2023.
What we offer
EFEE offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic organisation that operates at the forefront of social and educational policy developments in Europe. We daily cooperate with decision-making EU stakeholders such as the European Commission as well as key international stakeholders in education such as OECD and UNESCO. We have a flat and open organisational structure, providing great space for personal and professional development. This post is located in Brussels, yet homeworking is frequently the rule rather than the exception. Extensive travel within Europe may be required. The position is full-time.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
As EFEE Senior Policy Officer your key responsibilities will include to
- Monitor and analyse EU education and training policies and initiatives and provide strategic advice and contributing to the positioning of EFEE.
- Contribute to designing surveys, data analysis and reports based on internal consultations with members (reports of best practice, data analysis on members’ participation in EU funding, internal initiatives, etc.) and draft policy position papers on education and employment policy.
- Coordinate Education & Training 2025 Working Groups of DG EAC of the European Commission as well as all activities related to meetings of the European Sectoral Social Dialogue Committee in Education.
- Contribute to the policy work of project management activities of the EU funded projects in which the organization participates (ESSDE, Erasmus+, etc.)
- Establish contact with relevant representatives of the European Institutions and networks related to education and training in Brussels and to attend relevant events in Brussels to identify important information and liaise with relevant stakeholders on both the EU and international level.
- Support and contribute to all internal board meetings (General Assemblies, Executive Board, etc.).
- Assist and support any other activities related to the organization’s objectives.
Skills & Education
- You are proactive and have strong collaboration, communication and leadership skills, combined with an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset.
- You have excellent analytical skills and the ability to break down complex information in an easy understandable and concise way by using a broad range of formats, tools, and platforms.
- You are familiar with Brussels-based networks working on the above-mentioned areas. Networking skills and the ability to set up contacts with stakeholders is paramount.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English (other European languages such as French, Spanish, German and Polish will be a strong asset).
- You have an excellent understanding of EU policymaking in the education and training sector with therewith demonstrable work experience (minimum of 3 years) in policy advocacy and membership-based organisations.
- Knowledge of EU project management and funding programmes (in particular Erasmus + calls) is considered an asset.
Interested? Please send your application composed of:
- Curriculum Vitae (max. 2 pages) and
- Motivation Letter (max. 1 page incl. salary expectation)
Before 5th November 2023 to: email@example.com
For further questions, please reach out to through e-mail above or phone +32 488 08 82 90. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews, taking place online or in Brussels.
Applicants must have a right to work in Belgium in order to be considered. No recruitment agencies please.