08 Nov New Open Vacancy: Project Management and Communication Intern
The European Federation of Education Employers is looking for a Project Management and Communication Intern to join us full-time for a period ranging between six months and one year, starting no later than 8th January 2024. EFEE offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic organisation that operates at the forefront of social and educational policy developments in Europe. We have a flat and open organisational structure, providing great room for personal and professional development. This post is located in Brussels yet homeworking is frequent. Extensive travel within Europe may be required.
The European Federation of Education Employers (EFEE) is a dynamic European organisation created in February 2009 to represent the interests of employers in the strategic and highly diverse education sector. EFEE is the only organisation to be officially accredited by the European Commission as a social partner representing employers in the Education sector. Together with our partners in the European Trade Union Committee for Education (ETUCE), we form the European Sectoral Social Dialogue Committee in Education (ESSDE). EFEE, therefore, plays a key role in policy-making at European level and is represented, along with its members, at a wide range of high-level conferences and events.
As European social partners, we represent the interests of 60 education employers and providers from 25 different European countries on all education levels: pre-school, primary and secondary education, VET and Higher Education and Research. In our work, we are tackling a wide range of fundamental topics, including: education for environmental sustainability, education in the digital age, the attractiveness of the teaching profession, Social Dialogue promotion and capacity building, occupational health and safety and many more.
EFEE routinely organises and takes part in a variety of activities such as policy working groups, peer learning activities across Europe, thematic high level working groups, EU events in Brussels and European Social Dialogue projects.
For more information visit our website: https://educationemployers.eu/
About the vacancy
EFEE offers you the opportunity to join the Project Management Department as a full-time intern to work on the newly launched Educational Leadership Network Europe (ELNE, previously EduLEAD), which EFEE is the coordinator of.
The ELNE is a community of over 100 organisations directly representing all relevant stakeholders in the education field (researchers, policymakers, education employers, school heads, teachers, students and parents). It focuses on the showcase of existing research and good practices on the topic of collaborative leadership in education and feeds into the policymaking endeavor of the European Commission (DG Education and Culture), who is directly financing the initiative.
Contributing to the management of this important project involves a variety of tasks ranging from organisation of meetings and events to continuous communication to project partners and dissemination of activities.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Organise meetings with project partners: prepare agenda, contact participants, draft minutes/reports, etc.
- Assist with the logistics of the organisation of project events (webinars and in-person conference): draft agenda, invite speakers, invite participants, arrange venue, travel, and accommodation, etc.
- Assist with the reporting of projects: keep track of deliverables, produce brief reports, report on project expenses
- Continuous communication with project partners through MS Teams, emails and online meetings
- Continuously dissemination of project outputs
- Management of project’s website and social media
This is not an exhaustive list and it may vary depending on circumstances. Additional tasks are negotiated during the internship, depending on the motivation and abilities of the intern.
The Project Management intern will remain under the supervision of the Senior Project Manager – Silvia Pesini Escartín.
- The internship takes place in Brussels, Belgium, for a period of 6 months to 1 year starting no later than 8th January 2024
- We have a 38-hour week (7,5 hours per day, 5 days per week).
- Work is hybrid alternating between home-office and at least one office day per week in addition to the meetings and events that might take place each week
- The project events take place in different countries. The Project Management intern is expected to be available to travel to these events.
- The organisation covers travel expenses in the function of work activities and other expenses incurred as part of work activities.
- The intern needs to have a funding grant such as Erasmus +, mobility grant from a Chamber of Commerce, aid from the Belgian Government such as Actiris International Erasmus Pro, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree on a relevant subject (International Relations, Global Studies, Journalism, Marketing and Communication, Political Science, Business Administration, and more)
- Proficient in use of MS Office package
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Communication soft and hard skills
- Analytical skills to understand EU policy frameworks
- Master writing skills in English (minimum B2 level)
- Organisation skills and efficiency
- Proactive, responsible and able to work independently
Interested? Please send your application composed of:
- Curriculum Vitae (max. 2 pages)
- Motivation Letter (max. 1 page)
- Funding mechanism (Erasmus+ grant, other)
before 30th November 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further questions, please reach out through the email above. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews, taking place online or in Brussels.