28 Feb EFEE is looking for a (Senior) Policy Officer
Vacancy for (Senior) Policy Officer at European Federation of Education Employers (EFEE)
The European Federation of Education Employers (EFEE) is a European sectoral social partner in education, (International NGO) founded in 2009, located in Brussels. A dynamic European organisation representing the interests of education employers in the strategic and highly diverse education sector. EFEE represents employers across Europe from all levels of education, from pre-school, to primary and secondary school, vocational/further education, higher education and adult education, including different national organisations (education councils, associations of colleges & universities, ministries, local and regional authorities). EFEE’s mission is to improve the quality of teaching and school management through European cooperation and dialogue. More information is available at our website: www.educationemployers.eu.
What we offer:
We are looking for an enthusiast (senior) policy officer who would be able to join our small team with entrepreneurial spirit from 1st of April 2020. EFEE offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic organisation that operates at the forefront of social and educational policy developments in Europe. We have a flat and open organisational structure. Furthermore, we attach great value to personal and professional development. This post is located in Brussels yet working from home is also possible. Extensive travel within Europe may be required. The positon is envisioned to be full time equivalent with competitive salary.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating European Social Dialogue in Education activities;
- Managing EU project work (in particular related to European Social Dialogue calls);
- Policy analysis and drafting of policy statements in the field of education/social affairs/employment;
- Representing EFEE in various stakeholder meetings and international conferences related to social/employment/education policies;
- Organising and chairing of events/ seminars /study visits;
- Responding to member requests and queries;
- Drafting reports.
The profile we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (European studies, international relations, law, sociology, pedagogy, etc.);
- At least 5 years of relevant experience (in particular in the the field of (European) social dialogue)
- Knowledge of European decision making process;
- Passion for education, social and employment policy issues;
- Excellent written and verbal English skills and preferably also be proficient in another European language;
- Ability to translate complex issues into clear and concise messages;
- Highly computer literate and familiar with social media;
- An entrepreneurial and positive mind-set, hands-on mentality;
- Strong motivation and high amount of initiative;
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
Interested? Please send your application (short motivation letter + curriculum vitae) before 20th of March 2020 to:
Daniel Wisniewski, General Secretary EFEE: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further questions contact per e-mail or phone +32 488 08 82 90.
Applicants must have a right to work in Belgium in order to be considered.
No recruitment agencies please.