12 Oct EFEE is looking for a (Junior) Policy Officer (as maternity cover)!
Vacancy (Junior) Policy Officer (maternity cover)
European Federation of Education Employers (EFEE)
The European Federation of Education Employers (EFEE) is a European sectoral social partner in education, (International NGO) founded in 2009, located in Brussels. A dynamic European organisation representing the interests of education employers in the strategic and highly diverse education sector. EFEE represents employers across Europe from all levels of education, from pre-school, to primary and secondary school, vocational/further education, higher education and adult education, including different national organisations (education councils, associations of colleges & universities, ministries, local and regional authorities). EFEE’s mission is to improve the quality of teaching and school management through European cooperation and dialogue. More information is available at our website: www.educationemployers.eu.
What we offer:
We are looking for an enthusiast (junior) policy officer who would be able to join our small team with entrepreneurial spirit from 1st of January till end of April 2019 (as maternity cover). EFEE offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic organisation that operates at the forefront of social and educational policy developments in Europe. We have a flat and open organisational structure. Furthermore, we attach great value to personal and professional development. This post is located in Brussels yet working from home is also possible. Extensive travel within Europe may be required. The positon is envisioned to be 80% of full time equivalent (4 days a week). Salary level: 2200 euro brutto per month.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and participating in various stakeholder meetings related to social/employment/education policies;
- Assistance in coordination of working groups of the European Social Dialogue in Education;
- Website content management and dissemination of information (newsflash);
- Coordinating/assisting in EU project work where EFEE is a partner;
- Organisation of events/ seminars /study visits;
- Responding to member requests and queries;
- Executing general administrative and financial tasks;
- Representing EFEE in international meetings;
- Drafting reports.
The profile we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (European studies, international relations, law, sociology, pedagogy, etc.);
- Knowledge of European decision making process;
- Passion for educational, social and employment policy issues;
- Excellent written and verbal English skills and preferably also be proficient in another European language;
- Ability to translate complex issues into clear and concise messages;
- Highly computer literate and familiar with social media. Experience with WordPress and Mailchimp is an asset;
- An entrepreneurial and positive mind-set, hands-on mentality;
- Strong motivation and high amount of initiative;
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
Interested? Please send your application (short motivation letter + curriculum vitae) before 2nd of November to: Daniel Wisniewski, General Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further questions contact per e-mail or phone +32 488 08 82 90. Interviews will take place in Brussels on the 9th November 2018.
Applicants must have a right to work in Belgium in order to be considered.
No recruitment agencies please.