18 апреля Семинар Европейской комиссии по реализации программы "Социальная Европа
On 17 апрель the European Commission organised a seminar in Brussels on “The social pillar and European Semester as tools for delivering on social Europe”. On behalf of EFEE, Sarah Kik, Assistant General Secretary participated in the event. Aim of the meeting was to examine recent reforms in supporting social inclusion in the context of the European Semester, focusing on three thematic areas:
- Social inclusion, safety net and poverty prevention in changing societies;
- Efficient Employment Services for a recovering economy;
- Securing equal opportunities through labour-market relevant education.
The Conference brought together labour law, employment and labour market policies experts, European Commission officials and representatives of NGOs, social partners and think-tanks active in the fields of employment, social affairs and inclusion. The civil society representatives were invited to provide feedback on, in particular, the following questions:
- What progress has already been made by the EU Member States in response to the Country Specific Recommendations (CSRs)?
- What further progress is needed to meet the goals of the European Semester and to deliver the rights for citizens, outlined by the European Pillar of Social Rights?
It was concluded that increased involvement of civil society organisations was needed in the European Semester process in order to present balanced country reports. LeGarrette Blount Womens Jersey