17 Apr Call for Tender – Expert Researcher
The European Federation of Education Employers is pleased to launch a call for a subcontractor to provide research expertise in the framework of the implementation of the project “Effective School Management in the Twin Transition – Evolution of Teachers Working Time due to the Green and Digital Transitions – Education Employers Capacity Building Project” supported by the European Commission under the European Social Fund+ (ESF+) Social Prerogatives and Specific Competencies Lines (SocPL).
The researcher is expected to develop a research survey in order to collect relevant data, and to carry out desk-research.
More information about EFEE
The European Federation of Education Employers (EFEE) is a recognised European social partner organisation for education employers. EFEE represents in total 61 education employers’ organisations in 27 European countries of all sectors of education, from pre-school to higher education, research, and VET, including ministries of education, local government associations, school boards’ and school heads’ associations, non-public and private school associations, Conferences of University Rectors, and Networks of Private Universities. Our mission is to improve the quality of teaching and school management through European cooperation and dialogue. On the basis of the European Pillar of Social Rights, we raise awareness on and increase commitment to the European policy agenda and influence European policy by making the voices of our members heard. As an officially recognised European social partner in education, we, thereby, are in constant dialogue with EU institutions as well as other European partners such as trade unions and various educational networks.
More information about the position
The expert (‘Contractor’) is expected to perform the following tasks in the time framework from май 2023 to декабрь 2024:
- Participate in a pre-project meeting with EFEE (online), five meetings with the Project Advisory Group (one in-person and four online), three peer learning activities, as well as a closing conference.
- Conduct desk research to map existing management systems of teachers’ working time in the EU and develop a substantial research report and outcome document analysing and comparing the theoretical framework from the literature study with the practical knowledge gained through the peer learning activities.
- Investigate the evolution of teachers’ workload and working time due to the twin transition and comparing this with the knowledge gained through hands-on experience in the host countries, while looking for a redefinition of the concept of teachers working time.
- Develop, with the input from the project advisory group, an online survey to be carried out amongst EFEE member organisations to get insight into their current knowledge, practices and challenges when it comes to effective school management in the twin transition with a particular focus on teachers working time.
- Develop, with the input from the project advisory group, interview questions for the activities at local/national level to identify practical and concrete ways to redefine the concept of teachers working time in the twin transition.
- Scientifically accompany the peer learning activities in Ireland, Cyprus, and Slovenia and subsequently, draft a reflection report based on the evaluation and analysis of the findings gained after each activity when it comes to effective school management in the twin transition with a particular focus on the evolution of teachers working time. The reflection reports will be presented to the Advisory Group members for input and approval.
- Draft a final project report (including Executive Summary), outlining the outcomes of all project activities (incl. survey, desk research, peer learning activities) and drawing conclusions on the evolution of teachers working time and effective school management in the twin transition.
The contractor is also expected to display the following competences:
- Proven (research) experience and extensive knowledge of school management in the twin transition with regards to teachers working time.
- Significant understanding of social dialogue structures in education is preferable in order to identify the most pressing challenges and opportunities accordingly.
- Experience in conducting surveys/interviews in the education sector.
- Understanding of the role of employers and social partners in the education sector as well as an overall understanding of the education sector (both on the European and national level).
- Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in English (at least C1 level). Additional European languages such as French, Dutch, (Cypriot) Greek, and Slovenian will be considered an asset.
The Contractor contributes to the successful development of the project by actively participating in various project activities and meetings. The Advisory Group is the body entitled to guide the project/research implementation as concerns its organisation and evaluation.
Content and Presentation of the bids
The bids should contain a detailed explanation of the qualifications and the expertise of the potential contractor, e.g. information on references from the contractor on similar projects already handled, to demonstrate their experience and capability to succeed in performing the tasks as set out in section 2 of this tender.
The bids should include a detailed description of the methodology and tools applied to implement a project plan with detailed time and cost planning. The potential contractor is also requested to send a budget listing the costs by task including a fair estimation of the number of working days and the number of people participating in the tasks.
Replies have to be presented by 30 апрель 2023 at the latest to
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Subject: Expert Researcher for Teachers Working Time
More information about this Call for Tender is available inside the document below.
Download the full Call for Tender in PDF: