28 Jul New open vacancy : Junior Policy Officer – Higher Education and VET
The European Federation of Education Employers is looking for an enthusiast Junior Policy Officer who would be able to join our small team with entrepreneurial spirit as soon as possible, preferable from 23 August 2021 onwards. EFEE offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic organisation that operates at the forefront of social and educational policy developments in Europe. We have a flat and open organisational structure, providing great room for personal and professional development. This post is located in Brussels yet working from home is also possible. Extensive travel within Europe may be required. The position is full time.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and participating in various stakeholder meetings related to social/employment/education policies, specifically in the field of Vocational Education and Training (VET) and Higher Education and Research (H&R)
- Assistance in coordination of working groups of the European Social Dialogue in Education;
- Website content management and dissemination of information (newsflash);
- Coordinating/assisting in EU project work where EFEE is a partner;
- Organisation of events/ seminars /study visits;
- Responding to member requests and queries;
- Executing general administrative and financial tasks;
- Representing EFEE in international meetings;
- Drafting report
The profile we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (European studies, international relations, law, sociology, pedagogy, etc.);
- Passion for educational, social and employment policy issues;
- Strong motivation and high amount of initiative;
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- An entrepreneurial and positive mind-set, hands-on mentality;
- Ability to translate complex issues into clear and concise messages
- 1-3 years of working experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of European decision-making process;
- Excellent written and verbal English skills; fluent knowledge in Italian and/or Polish is considered to be advantageous but not essential
- Highly computer literate and familiar with social media. Experience with WordPress and Mailchimp is an asset;
Interested? Please send your application (short motivation letter (max. 2 pages incl. salary expectation + curriculum vitae) before 16th of August, 12 pm CET to:
Daniel Wisniewski, General Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further questions contact per e-mail or phone +32 488 08 82 90. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews, taking place online between 17 – 20 August 2021.
Applicants must have a right to work in Belgium in order to be considered.
No recruitment agencies please.