20 Dec JOB VACANCIES: 2 JUNIOR POLICY OFFICERS – SCHOOL EDUCATION & HIGHER EDUCATION AND VET
The European Federation of Education Employers is looking for 2 enthusiastic Junior Policy Officers with entrepreneurial spirit (profile 1: School Education; profile 2: Higher Education and VET), who would be able to join our small team as soon as possible, preferably from 1 February, 2022 onwards. EFEE offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic organisation that operates at the forefront of social and educational policy developments in Europe. We have a flat and open organisational structure, providing great room for personal and professional development. These posts are located in Brussels, yet working from home is also possible. Extensive travel within Europe may be required. The positions are full time.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and participating in various stakeholder meetings related to social/employment/education policies
- Depending on the specific position, either particularly in the field of School Education or in the fields of Vocational Education and Training (VET) and Higher Education and Research (HE&R)
- Assistance in coordination of working groups of the European Social Dialogue in Education;
- Website content management and dissemination of information (Newsflash);
- Coordinating/assisting in EU project work where EFEE is a partner;
- Organisation of events/ seminars /study visits;
- Responding to member requests and queries;
- Executing general administrative and financial tasks;
- Representing EFEE in international meetings;
- Drafting of reports
The profiles we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (European studies, international relations, law, sociology, pedagogy, etc.);
- Passion for educational, social and employment policy issues;
- Strong motivation and high amount of initiative;
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- An entrepreneurial and positive mind-set, hands-on mentality;
- Ability to translate complex issues into clear and concise messages
- 1-3 years of work experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the European decision-making process;
- Excellent written and oral English skills; fluent knowledge in Italian and/or Polish is considered to be advantageous but not essential
- Highly computer literate and familiar with social media. Experience with WordPress and Mailchimp is an asset;
Interested? Please send your application (short motivation letter (max. 2 pages incl. salary expectation) + curriculum vitae) to: Daniel Wisniewski, General Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 15 January 2022. Early applications are welcome as the positions are to be filled as soon as possible. Please also specify in your application for which of the two positions you are applying (either School Education or Higher Education & VET). For further questions, please contact EFEE per e-mail or via phone (+32 488 08 82 90). Selected candidates will be contacted for online interviews, which will take place in January.
Applicants must have the right to work in Belgium in order to be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No recruitment agencies, please.