05 May Call for Tender – Expert Researcher
The European Federation of Education Employers is pleased to launch a call for a subcontractor to provide research expertise in the framework of the implementation of the project ‘Capacity building of education employers through the promotion of teacher induction programmes’ supported by the European Commission under the European Social Fund+ (ESF+) Social Prerogatives and Specific Competencies Lines (SocPL).
The researcher is expected to develop a research survey in order to collect relevant data, and to carry out desk-research, as well as to draft one report about each of the two first conferences.
More information about EFEE
The European Federation of Education Employers (EFEE) is a recognised European social partner organisation for education employers. EFEE represents in total 61 education employers’ organisations in 27 European countries of all sectors of education, from pre-school to higher education, research, and VET, including ministries of education, local government associations, school boards’ and school heads’ associations, non-public and private school associations, Conferences of University Rectors, and Networks of Private Universities. Our mission is to improve the quality of teaching and school management through European cooperation and dialogue. On the basis of the European Pillar of Social Rights, we raise awareness on and increase commitment to the European policy agenda and influence European policy by making the voices of our members heard. As an officially recognised European social partner in education, we, thereby, are in constant dialogue with EU institutions as well as other European partners such as trade unions and various educational networks.
More information about the position
The expert is expected to perform the following tasks in the time framework from June 2023 to February 2025:
1. Participate in a pre-project meeting with EFEE (online), three meetings with the Project Advisory Group (online), two conferences, as well as a closing conference.
2. Conduct desk research to map existing teacher induction systems in the EU and develop a substantial research report and outcome document analysing and comparing the theoretical framework from the literature study with the practical knowledge gained through the conferences.
3. Investigate on the topic of cooperation between educational institutions and teacher training institutions and comparing this with the knowledge gained through hands-on experience in the host countries, while looking for a better way to promote the cooperation between them.
4. Develop, with the input from the project advisory group, an online survey to be carried out amongst EFEE member organisations to get insight into their current knowledge, practices and challenges when it comes to effective teacher induction with a particular focus on the cooperation between teacher education providers and education employers.
5. Develop, with the input from the project advisory group, interview questions for the activities at local/national level to identify practical and concrete ways to reorganise teacher induction models.
6. Scientifically accompany the conferences in Portugal, Hungary and Belgium and subsequently, draft a reflection report based on the evaluation and analysis of the findings gained after each activity. The reflection reports will be presented to the Advisory Group members for input and approval.
7. Draft a final project report (including Executive Summary), outlining the outcomes of all project activities (incl. survey, desk research, peer learning activities) and drawing conclusions on the evolution of teachers working time and effective school management in the twin transition.
The contractor is also expected to display the following competences:
1. Proven (research) experience and extensive knowledge of teacher induction.
2. Significant understanding of social dialogue structures in education is preferable in order to identify the most pressing challenges and opportunities accordingly.
3. Experience in conducting surveys/interviews in the education sector.
4. Understanding of the role of employers and social partners in the education sector as well as an overall understanding of the education sector (both on the European and national level).
5. Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in English (at least C1 level). Additional European languages such as French will be considered an asset.
The Contractor contributes to the successful development of the project as a whole by actively participating in various project activities and meetings. The Advisory Group is the body entitled to guide the project/research implementation as concerns its organisation and evaluation.
Content and presentation of the bids
The bids should contain a detailed explanation of the qualifications and the expertise of the potential contractor, e.g. information on references from the contractor on similar projects already handled, to demonstrate their experience and capability to succeed in performing the tasks as set out in section 2 of this tender.
The bids should include a detailed description of the methodology and tools applied to implement a project plan with detailed time and cost planning. The potential contractor is also requested to send a budget listing the costs by task including a fair estimation of the number of working days and the number of people participating in the tasks.
Replies have to be presented by 29 May 2023 at the latest to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject: Expert Researcher for Teacher Induction
More information about this call for tender is available inside the document below.
Download the full Call for Tender in PDF: